The Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is one of the best hikes in the world because of the exquisite beauty of its natural surroundings.
The Inca Trail to Machu Picchu path takes us through different ecosystems…From high Andean plains to the cloud forest this adventure allows us to explore mysterious archeological sites, half covered with jungle overgrowth as if we were discovering them for the first time.
- All Transfer services
- Bus Up and Down from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu 4th day
- Train back from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- Food as mentioned in the itinerary
- Vegetarian options available.
- Entrance ticket to Mollepata- Salkantay route
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu.
- Entrance ticket to Inca Trail
- 2 nights campsite
- 2 nights accommodation in Machu Picchu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes)
- Professional bilingual guide,
- Chef and assistants.
- Spacious dining tent and kitchen.
- Horses and horseman
Does not include
- Personal care items.
- Tips for the guide and the horsemen.
- Sleeping bag
First Aid Kit
What is the Salkantay trek?
Salkantay trek is another of the Inca roads that leads to Machupicchu and also other wonders such as Choquequirao and Vilcabamba discovered approximately 20 years ago.
What is in the Salkantay trek?
In Salkantay Trek we find adventure activities, local people who are dedicated to the agriculture that works the coffee, the coca among other products of the zone also we found medicinal and exotic plants and also we found types of birds.
Why is the Salkantay Way an alternative Inca trail?
It is called the ALTERNATIVE TRAIL because it is another way to get to Machu Picchu besides the already famous Inca Trail, which is in great demand and must be booked 8 months in advance.
Can Machu Picchu be visited by people of any age?
Yes, it can be visited by people of all ages. However, in order to ascend Huayna Picchu mountain, it can only be visited by people older than 12 years old.
From what time can I enter Machu Picchu?
Public access is from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m.
What to see in Machu Picchu?
Machu Picchu is home to almost 150 amazing constructions, these are some of the places that stand out:
- The Temple of the Sun.
- The Intihuatana.
- The Temple of the 3 Windows.
- The Temple of the Condor.
- The Hall of Mirrors.
- The Ladder of the Fountains.
- Huayna Picchu Mountain.
- The Temple of the Moon.
- The Door of the Sun (Intipunku).
- The Main Square.
- The Royal Tomb.
- The Sacred Rock.