This tour is full of beautiful landscapes and visits to the city of Cusco, Sacred Valley of the Incas, Ollantaytambo, Humantay Lake, Salkantay, Santa Teresa, Colcalmayo (hot springs), Machu Picchu Town (Aguas Calientes), Machu Picchu Citadel ( wonder of the modernworld).
- All Transfer services
- Bus Up and Down from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Train back from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Transportation from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Food as mentioned in the itinerary
- Vegetarian options available.
- All entrance tickets for the places mentioned in the program.
- 03 Accommodation nights Cusco
- 01 Accommodation night in Aguas Calientes.
- Professional bilingual guide
- chef and assistants.
- horsemen in case of Salkantay trekking.
- Spacious dining tent and kitchen.
- Sleeping bags.
- Walking poles.
- National and International flights tickets.
- Food (lunch and dinner) in Cusco.
- Extra horse to carry your personal belongings.
- Personal expense.
What is the Salkantay trek?
Salkantay trek is another of the Inca roads that leads to Machupicchu and also other wonders such as choquequirao and vilcabamba discovered approximately 20 years ago.
Why is the Salkantay Way an alternative Inca trail?
It is called the ALTERNATIVE TRAIL because it is another way to get to Machu Picchu besides the already famous Inca Trail, which is in great demand and must be booked 8 months in advance.
The Salkantay Trek is the only alternative road specialized in adventure for different activities such as cycling, rafts, zip lines, hiking.
What is Machu Picchu?
Machu Picchu is an archeological center that preserves the remains of an Inca city, built in a green environment of mountains and rivers, a mystical and mysterious place; in addition, it is a patrimony of humanity and one of the most desired destinations in the world.
It is located at 2,400 m. a. s. l. in a cloud forest between the Andes Mountains and the Amazon rainforest of Peru.
How to get to Machu Picchu from Lima?
To get from Lima to Machu Picchu you must travel to the city of Cusco by plane or bus.
When to go to Machu Picchu?
It is possible to go all the year, the minimum temperatures vary between 8 ºC and the maximum around 20 ºC.
There are 2 seasons in Machu Picchu: the dry season and the rainy season. The first one takes place between April and October, it is characterized by little rain and a sunny climate. The rainy season runs from November to March and is characterized by constant rains.
How much luggage can I take on the train?
On trains to Machu Picchu you can only take hand luggage that should not exceed 5 kilos (11 pounds).
Can Machu Picchu be visited by people of any age?
Yes, it can be visited by people of all ages. However, in order to ascend Huayna Picchu mountain, it can only be visited by people older than 12 years old.
From what time can I enter Machu Picchu?
Public access is from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m.
What to see in Machu Picchu?
Machu Picchu is home to almost 150 amazing constructions, these are some of the places that stand out:
- The Temple of the Sun.
- The Intihuatana.
- The Temple of the 3 Windows.
- The Temple of the Condor.
- The Hall of Mirrors.
- The Ladder of the Fountains.
- Huayna Picchu Mountain.
- The Temple of the Moon.
- The Door of the Sun (Intipunku).
- The Main Square.
- The Royal Tomb.
- The Sacred Rock.
- Ask a Que